Sunday 24 May 2020

Life


She walks slowly down the matatus stairs,
Looking tired and unbothered by everyone’s stares,
She stands hands on her waist,
I walk towards her in haste,
Helping her with her heavy bag,
Stretching my other arm to hug.

How was your travel?
“Long and tiring” she replies as he scratches her navel,
Silently we walk towards home,
Figuring what to ask about where she’s from,
I could tell it’s heavier on her than the way it looks,
Physically and mentally draining like I read in the books.

We were a few weeks late,
She didn’t like the obscured fate,
Her kicks gave us hope,
Unborn yet she was already dope,
The reality of life brought that smile,
Forget being tired it was worthwhile.

I got in with my girl for our blessing,
Got out with two a feeling many keep on guessing,
All she wanted was me being next to her,
From within I couldn’t afford to be far,
The night before was a fairy tale,
Now and forever in love we sail.



1 comment: