Sunday 24 May 2020

A THIEF ON THE CROSS

A THIEF ON THE CROSS.

There was virtually no empty seat in the court room. Fresh air was already incarcerated even before the judgement was delivered  by Pilate. Eagerness and anticipation ran wild around the court. All that the city wanted was my damnation.

The truth is, I didn't commit the crime I  was  standing trial for. Unfortunately the state quickly conducted a kangaroo court proceeding to put me behind bars... better still, to nail me on the cross.

Pilate was the sitting judge. A man that had been suspended by the Israeli Judicial Council was immediately forgiven and reinstated for my cause. He was found guilty of fraudulent actions few months back but our corrupt nation overlooked his crime and he had to pay with my conviction. I heard these from a reliable source.

My name is Dismas! I am a notorious criminal. A fearless man that terrorised Isreal for several decades. I'm a thief, an armed robber, a rapist and a murderer. My name rang a noisy bell in every city and I remained an awful song on every tongue.

But the truth remains that I never committed the crime I was charged with that is keeping my on the cross now as I speak. I was denied a legal representation of my choice and my evidence was not taken, not to talk of me conducting a cross examination for the prosecution witnesses.

Pilate convicted me and got his life back. A clean slate that got me a death sentence. I was to be nailed on the cross till I lose my last breath.

Here I am on the cross alongside Jesus and Gestas. I worked hand in hand with Gestas before my arrest. His legacy would never be wiped off the skies of Isreal. He remained unrepentant even on the cross. He even mocked Jesus to jump off the cross if he was a true God. I couldn't smile, I was in severe pains.

I once had an encounter with Jesus when I was younger. I had gone on an armed robbery escapade when I saw him hiding in a capentery 
workshop with his father. I tried shooting him but the trigger became so hard and I couldn't squeeze it. He warned me to repent or else my end would be disastrous. I later learnt that his name is Jesus.

Here I am with the same Jesus on the cross. I think the best thing to do before I die is to acknowledge him as my lord and savior. I know he's truly the son of God.

Lanre badmus.
May 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment