Friday 28 February 2014

Paupers Dream



The unending cold brought by this night cannot stop me from dreaming,
I slip inside the carton box that I inherited from my late neighbour,
I only got this because everyone in the street saw it fit to let me inherit it as we were close,
Otherwise I didn’t even get a single of his clothes,
He had a whole wardrobe that he wore yet he was buried naked,
The ‘friends’ in the street needed them more than the dead,
This life was worse than prison,
I guess God subjected us to his worldly Prison,
I’d ask myself but end up with no reason.

Tonight it was super windy and the box was blow away from my corner,
Funny that I dint even notice as I was dreaming how warm a blanket would be,
A royal bed away from all this trash and pee,
All that’s good and free,
Workers for me,
A family of three,
Shade under a garden of trees.

With the cold of early morning,
A man pissed at me yawning,
It felt nice as it was warm like a steamed water fall,
I rolled with excitement only to open my eyes to the amazement of that dude,
He used to be rude,
Pulling his cock out nude,
Pissing on my corner and on me yet it was clearly written on the walls,
Hakuna kukojoa hapa,
Yet a pauper I was and hungry like papa,
The weakling of the street I had no say whatsoever to any ones doing,
I washed with some rain water in a pothole,
Started my daily hustles by first finding my box,
It was my only possession,
The only thing that kept me dreaming,
The only thing that covered my eyes from seeing all the street brutality that ended with screaming,
Anyway its only free to keep on dreaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment