Sunday 1 December 2013

15th Jan



She slept next to me dead,
I touched he face so tenderly,
I knew she could feel the touch,
She turned and opened her small eyes with a smile,
Kissed her and said goodnight.

Earlier in the day was her birthday,
I had not forgotten as during the week we were both excited about it ,
I wanted to make her day,
I wanted to take her far away,
I wanted the memories for long to stay.

I took her for dinner,
Sulking as I had not bought her any present,
 I thought to myself she already has me what more,
But my girl is just beautifully difficult to say no to,
I had a surprise.

I passed to her a locket,
It had two photos,
One of a beautiful lady I knew long ago,
And the other of her when she was a month old,
That lady was her mom and I had never talked of her since.

She had never seen her,
She left us when she gave birth to her,
I held her in my arms and have never disappointed her wishes for our girl,
At list I have always tried my best,
She’s always been the bird in my nest.

She laughed of the stories I told about her mom,
The first time we met,
How I struggled to speak my heart as I fell in love with her,
The day I tried cheating and I almost lost her,
How she smiled through difficulties and gave me the perfect balance in life.

As I closed her bedroom door,
Its on this day am always mixed with emotion,
Happy for how grown my girl is,
Sad that her mom is not here to teach her how to be a better girl,
But most of all am just but a proud dad.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Vicent
      thank you for the reply but tell me where do i need to edit, please make it elaborate.

      Delete