Sunday 15 February 2015

Halfway to the Moon

I stood on the vast plain yesternight,
my eyes were attached to the stars,
I wanted to go to the Moon,
and to reach there, so I was advised
I had to fix my aim to the stars yonder.


I glid, slowly through the sweet warm evening air,
with just one yearnin', one call,
I moved further higher, leaving Earth to its misery,
I felt wet all over,
the clouds, a sight to behold!

I moved higher,
the moon grew bigger,
my body began to freeze, and so did my mind.



If I left earth,
would I ever behold the beauty of the rising sun?
Would I feel warmth of my family,
would I jump at the sight of my love?
would I even have the gravity to hold me down to my seat,
with my buddies as we watched soccer?
Would I have the pleasure of strolling the sidewalks,
taking in the aroma of mixed dinners in the hood?
I looked back down,
and oh! it was the best sight!
I fell down, down, down to my Earth,
my home, where I belong


[img ; http://cdn.krishna.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/The-Moon.jpg?800815]

No comments:

Post a Comment