Tuesday 9 September 2014

Morning Kiss

Just the other day at dawn,
When the moon and her stars bowed to father Sun,
I bowed to my land, and gave it a metallic kiss,
Once,
Twice,
More and more kisses with my jembe.

Sweat trickled and fell, drop by drop,
Down to my beloved land.
Who doesn't sweat due to a well felt kiss?

My back shined like the glitter of the morning river,
My joints talking with the rhythm of the rise and fall,
My breathe like the whirlwind, continuous,
Growing bigger and bigger,
Faster and faster.

"Hey, who's that?"
My ears picked the words from the winds,
"It is Okutoyi's first son"
"You mean the one who always...."

The winds robbed the rest from me,
But not the shining smile on my face,
I continue with the rhythm,
The rhythm of the wet metallic kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment