Sunday 17 August 2014

The Woman I Want

As an only son, Mom says I must marry,
And to her demand I nod,
But I must make my choice, just like any man.

I want a mature mind, I don't mind the body,
I want a woman who knows how to carry herself,
I want a woman who has known heartbreaks,
I want a woman I can feel safe with.

I want a woman who has been through seasons,
Seasons of happiness, seasons of loneliness,
A woman who wont forget me when am not there.

I want a woman, who was brought up, not just raised,
A woman who will respect me, as much as I respect her,
The kind of woman who will give me a reason to claim respect.

I want a woman who knows rain, and dry dust,
A woman with soft lips, that know the dry spell too,
With a mouth, that knows that food isn't free air.

I want a woman who will persevere,
A woman who won't ask why things don't  go her way,
But who will advise, so that things go our way.

I want a natural woman,
Who won't spend hours making a fake face,
But who will spend a lifetime to protect our face.

I want a confident woman, who will confront me when I wrong,
I want a woman with dignity, a woman who will remind me to pray.

I want a woman with a figure, not just a physical,
I want a woman with a profile, and a personality too,
I want a woman, who won't be mad when angry,
But give me sense, so we don't both flare up.

I don't want a perfect wife, I want one we can correct each other,
I want a woman, but not just a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment