Thursday 8 August 2013

Photo Album



Music playing in the background,
Old skul HipHop playing aloud,
Through my laptop I hoover around,
I bump into a folder named lost and found.

This folder has all that my eyes need,
Out of this world my past deed,
Ladies that I tried to seed,
Friends and family that our names would be in the first page of a read.

It had photos,
Photos of friends that have now become distant,
One we clicked instant,
Now apart like a nose and a scent that’s unpleasant.

This photo, a girl that was my first,
My smile fades away fast,
She taught me not to keep it past my lust,
And that love is the disease of the cursed.

A group photo of my buddies playing poker,
Another one as we are watching soccer,
We were friends in good and bad you wouldn’t miss a joker,
We were livin’ la vidaloca.

This is a funny one,
I dint take this one but I stole it for its background,
This beautiful girl that I lusted then,
The main focus of the photo a girl I had then.

A photo of my brother and I still young and innocent,
We were strong together,
We were the double dragons,
We fought each and for each other.

Another photo of two grown men,
Am taller and bigger than him,
Yet he is the stronger of us,
He reminds me of the beautiful past yet the best are to come.

Mama always looks beautiful by my side,
We resemble and she is beautiful too,
For her I wouldn’t keep a photo,
She’s always in my mind, heart and soul.

My family is extraordinarily big,
We would make twenty teams in a league,
My family is never described by extended,
Family is family be it a friend, cousin, brother, mother, etc. we are all close.

Am missing one of my papa,
All I have I a letter,
His words forms images that I can’t explain,
Missing his is all that I complain.

The one I’m holding now if of a poet,
A future poet my son,
Her mums’ smiles brighter than Kalahari deserts sun,
At the back side i have written ‘my clan’,
I did this knowing she will always be the one.

Music stops,
My photos are done,
In my heart they are one,
A reminder of where I came from,
Family and friends that I have lost in my journey,
Family and friends that I still keep and help me through,
All I can do is imagine my future photos,
But without them all I can only see a vacuum not even me inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment