Tuesday 18 November 2014

ANGELITA



Her thought touches my heart
like rain drops pat the earth.
I can't help but think about her
like a drunk thinks of the bar.

Every morning, noon and night,
I suffer from a romantic bite.
These feelings I dare not fight
because love is always right.

Her picture pursues my pain
like 'dry season' chases the rain.
I can't get her off my brain;
she's the blood and I am the vein.

Wish these can go beyond my dreams;
her presence will be most- supreme.
Flows of emotions gone extreme;
it surpasses that of a stream.

As everyday drastically dies,
in my heart her image lies.
I pray God will hear my cries
and ease me of my sad sighs.

lanre badmus
2014 november

1 comment:

  1. wow. you have beautiful poems. I enjoyed reading them

    http://www.owenhabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete