Friday 20 June 2014

Stuck in here

I am stuck in here,
I feel out of place,
I came to pray,
But I fell prey to stares.
I am the only one in dull clothes,
Flashy labels cover me all round,
Three piece suits that bring a hot shiver,
Bright colours barely concealing cleavages,
Pieces of cloth that touch the thigh,
And steal your eyes.
So its in the middle of the sermon,
He says we should read the Word,
Well, I pull out the Good Book.
He reads just a verse,
And talks
And talks,
Nothing related to the word.
He is absent minded,
Listening to him are more absent minds.
Then comes the favourite session,
When people compete,
On who will 'please god more'
I thought the left hand must not know what the right gives.
 I have to leave,
I need to turn a new leaf,
This one is clearly greased.





No comments:

Post a Comment