Friday 25 October 2013

Bed of roses



This evening I’m watching and writing,
I pull my stool to the window sighing,
A cigarette stick between my lips and candle lighting,
 Thoughts of romance in my mind fighting.

A young couple pass holding tight,
With a smile I enlarge the curtains of my sight,
I can’t miss this even for a dark night,
With every darkness drop I open them wide.

They walk more slowly and finally stop,
This is a perfect spot,
The man talks as he touches the ladies face,
Confused as if he is trying to wipe away her daze.

Suddenly drops of tear flow from her eyes,
Followed by deep gasps of breath,
Hugged closely I could see his chest rub her breast,
Air tight they were closely pressed.

This was no night like others,
I’m used to pure romance, flowers, kisses, poetry in motion,
I put my pen down,
I decided this  time imma be part of the scene.

Walked out of the comfort of my house,
Walked towards the couple,
Threw my cigarette stick down,
Blew out the smoke to the skies.

Asked the lady if everything was fine,
This would maybe kill the curiosity of mine,
Her eyes were bulgy,
Cried like she was in a room full of smoke and fuggy.

She said with a calm voice,
I had lost my first pregnancy,
The doctors said I’d never conceive,
After receiving my tests today,
We agreed to read them far away from home, here.
I’m pregnant and this is where we made this kid,
Muliro gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment