Wednesday 1 April 2015

Guilty as charged


Last time I was accused of love,
I denied as advised so as to look tough,
Guilt would consume me but I wouldn’t say it’s enough,
This was meant to make me rise above my accuser like a dove.

I faced my accuser in the dark,
Just as the sun was about to be swallowed by the horizon,
To settle this I needed all luck,
I needed to be at my best so as to influence her decision.

Word had gone round that she would be settle for not less than my heart,
This was scary as I didn’t have another to replace,
To keep it I needed to be very smart,
To God I asked for His grace.

Here I was,
I had waited for some time,
Saw you walking towards me like a boss,
Guilty of my crime,
I gave you a white rose,
The timing was prime.

I said in a low tone,
“I love you forgive me,
Please don’t let me in prison be gone,”
I was down on my knee,
I didn’t want to feel alone.

“I’m guilty as you,
Share my heart, love and dreams,
Let’s imprison each other in our love,”
She said bending down towards me,
She surely settled for my heart,
Love is the greatest art.

No comments:

Post a Comment